Our specialists can assist in a range of VAT & Tax areas
Deeks VAT Consultancy has a wealth of experience working alongside solicitors. We regularly provide solicitors with tax advice on land and property matters, to assist their clients with any VAT matters that may arise.
VAT is a complex issue that must be dealt with correctly and in the most efficient manner. Failure to comply with regulations could mean clients are subject to fines from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Some of the issues that may arise include the following:
- Whether VAT is due on commercial property, as incorrectly charged VAT is not recoverable from HMRC.
- Whether savings can be achieved on VAT cash flow and/or Stamp Duty Land Tax by disapplying the option to tax.
- What the VAT implications are likely to be on land acquisition and option agreements, such as whether the purchaser should register for VAT and what type of option agreement is involved.
- Whether any of the sales, purchases or commercial leases are outside the scope of VAT and whether contracts contain relevant VAT clauses to protect the parties involved.
- What the VAT liability is for developments when clients are property developers, including a review of their business structure to ensure its maximum VAT efficiency and any transactions that involve planning permission and VAT recovery.
Deeks VAT Consultancy can provide telephone/email advice to assist with such matters, or provide a full briefing on more complex issues for solicitors to put to their clients. We can also consult directly with clients if this is preferred.
Latest news & insightsView all news & insights
Deeks VAT News issue 39
Welcome to this months Newsletter December 2023 issue 39 Keeping you up to date on VAT changes In this months newsletter we cover the following: Changes to the DIY Housebuilders’ Scheme Best Judgement: what is it, and why is it important? Updated guidance on zero-rated exports New rules for registration and reporting in the EU […]
Deeks VAT News Issue 30
Welcome to the latest edition of Deeks VAT News. January 2023 – Issue 30 Keeping you up to date on VAT changes In this edition of the months newsletter we cover the following: Insurance partial exemption Doctors and healthcare professionals So what does VAT registration mean? Discounts – value of supply. The TalkTalk case. […]
Changes to the VAT DIY Housebuilders Scheme
Embarking on self-build projects can yield significant VAT savings through the DIY Housebuilders scheme. With the spring Budget 2023’s announcement, the scheme is set to digitize, extending claim periods from three to six months starting 5 December 2023. Understand what qualifies for VAT reclaim and how these changes can benefit your project. For any queries, reach out to Jane at Deeks VAT.
Want to find out how we can help?
Here at Deeks VAT Consultancy we can help all types of businesses, either personally or acting on your behalf for your clients. Drop us a message and one of our specialists will be in touch to discuss how we can help.
Jane: +44 (0) 7710 553831
Complete the following form and we will be in touch as soon as we can